Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
dipstick (plural dipsticks)
- A stick or rod used to measure the depth of a liquid. Often used to check the level at which a liquid in an opaque or inaccessible tank or reservoir stands; gauge.
- I haven't checked the oil level of my car's motor since I lost the dipstick three months ago.
- (slang) A penis.
- (slang) A useless person.
- (slang, euphemistic) A dipshit.
- (slang, Britain) A person of inferior intellect or, more accurately, someone who makes an action that would imply this.
- That referee is a right dipstick.