Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Made incapable of use or action.
- 1911 March, “From Brittania Lodge, No. 361”, in Railway Carmen's Journal, volume 16, number 3, page 129:
- In the car department we would repair cars that were disabled and placed in bad order by a bunch of scalies taking the place of striking switchmen, engineers, Firemen, etc.
- Having a disability.
- (law) Legally disqualified.
made incapable of use or action
having a disability
for the use of people with physical disabilities
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
disabled (plural disabled or disableds)
- (nonstandard) One who is disabled. (often used collectively as the disabled, but sometimes also singular)
the disabled collectively