Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To render unable; to take away an ability of, as by crippling.
- (chiefly of a person) To impair the physical or mental abilities of; to cause a serious, permanent injury.
- Falling off the horse disabled him.
- (chiefly electronics, computing) To deactivate, to make inoperational (especially of a function of an electronic or mechanical device).
- The pilot had to disable the autopilot of his airplane.
to render unable; to take away the ability
to impair the physical or mental abilities of
to deactivate a function of an electronic or mechanical device
- (obsolete) Lacking ability; unable.