Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- celebrated, well-known or eminent because of past achievements; prestigious
- The lecture was attended by many distinguished mathematicians.
- Having a dignified appearance or demeanor
- Her father was a distinguished gentleman, albeit a poor one.
- (mathematics) Specified, noted.
- Let X be a topological space with a distinguished point p.
celebrated, well-known or eminent because of past achievements; prestigious
having a dignified appearance or demeanor
mathematics: specified, noted
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- simple past tense and past participle of