Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- dollman (obsolete)
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈdɒlmən/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈdoʊlmən/
- Hyphenation: dol‧man
dolman (plural dolmans)
- A loose garment with narrow sleeves and an opening in the front, generally worn by Turks.
- A short, close-fitting, heavily braided military jacket, usually worn under a pelisse, originally by hussars.
- A woman’s garment with wide capelike sleeves.
Not to be confused with dolmen.
- “dolman”, in The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition, Boston, Mass.: Houghton Mifflin, 2000, ISBN 978-0-395-82517-4, archived from the original on 12 April 2001.