Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Dimly lit, as at dusk (evening).
- I like it when it is dusky, just before the street lights come on.
- A shade of color that is rather dark.
- The dusky rose was of a muted color, not clashing with any of the other colors.
- (dated) dark-skinned
1911, James Creelman, Diaz: Master of Mexico, D. Appleton and Company, page v:
- In the raw attempt to apply the perfected institutions of Anglo-Saxon civilization to the descendants of the dusky races which inhabited Mexico before the discovery of America by Columbus, the Mexican statesmen of 1824 put the principles of democratic government to a terrible ordeal.
- ashen, greyish skin coloration
- This man in shock has a silver colored dusky skin tone.
dimly lit, as at dusk evening
dark-skinned — see dark-skinned
dusky (plural duskies)