Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Made from the wood of the ash-tree.
- An ashen bow and quiver of arrows beside.
made of ash-wood
- Of or resembling ashes.
- A fine, ashen dust hung in the air.
- Ash-colored; pale; anemic, anaemic.
- His ashen face belied his claims of good health.
- (sickly pale): See also Thesaurus:pallid
of or resembling ashes
- (transitive, intransitive) To turn into ash; make or become ashy
- (transitive, intransitive) To make or become pale
- Jacob Poole (1867) , William Barnes, editor, A glossary, with some pieces of verse, of the old dialect of the English colony in the baronies of Forth and Bargy, County of Wexford, Ireland, J. Russell Smith, →ISBN