Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Made from the wood of the ash-tree.
- An ashen bow and quiver of arrows beside.
made of ash-wood
- Of or resembling ashes.
- A fine, ashen dust hung in the air.
- Ash-colored; pale; anemic, anaemic; appalled.
- His ashen face belied his claims of good health.
of or resembling ashes
- (transitive, intransitive) To turn into ash; make or become ashy
- (transitive, intransitive) To make or become pale
- Jacob Poole (1867), William Barnes, editor, A Glossary, With some Pieces of Verse, of the old Dialect of the English Colony in the Baronies of Forth and Bargy, County of Wexford, Ireland, London: J. Russell Smith, page 23