Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɛə/, /ˈɛʔə/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɛɚ/, /ˈɛʔɚ/
- Rhymes: -ɛə(ɹ)
- Homophones: air, Ayr, ere, eyre, heir, are (unit of measurement); err (one pronunciation)
- Alternative form of
- 1867, “THE WEDDEEN O BALLYMORE”, in SONGS, ETC. IN THE DIALECT OF FORTH AND BARGY, number 3:
- Maade a nicest coolecannan that e'er ye did zee.
- Made the nicest coolecannan that ever you did see.
- Jacob Poole (1867), William Barnes, editor, A Glossary, With some Pieces of Verse, of the old Dialect of the English Colony in the Baronies of Forth and Bargy, County of Wexford, Ireland, London: J. Russell Smith, page 94