- (General American) enPR: âr, IPA(key): /ɛəɹ/, /ɛɹ/
- Rhymes: -ɛə(ɹ)
- Homophones: air, Ayr, ere, heir, are (unit of measurement); err (one pronunciation); e'er (US)
eyre (plural eyres)
- (Britain, law, obsolete) A journey in circuit of certain itinerant judges called justices in eyre (or in itinere).
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for eyre in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
- Alternative form of
- ere (common)
- Synonym: hangin
- 2017, Ladlad 2: An Anthology of Philippine Gay Writing, Anvil Publishing, Inc., →ISBN:
- Dapat matigas, di iyakin, di lumilipad ang kamay sa ere.
- I must act tough, not a crybaby, not with the hands fluttering in the air.
- 2017, Penguin20, Altheria: School of Alchemy Book 1, Psicom Publishing Inc, page 47:
- Ito rin ang unang beses kong makakita ng Flying Board na parang skate board na lumilipad sa ere.
- This is also the first time I have seen a Flying Board, which is like a skateboard flying in the air.
- Synonym: himpapawid
- (figuratively) arrogance