Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A tendency to talk excessively about oneself.
- A belief that one is superior to or more important than others.
- (countable) The result or product of being egoistic.
- (nonstandard, by confusion of the similar words) Egoism (belief that behavior should be directed towards one's self-interest).
preoccupation with oneself
belief that one is superior
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- “egotism”, in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, Springfield, Mass.: G. & C. Merriam, 1913, →OCLC.
- “egotism”, in The Century Dictionary […], New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911, →OCLC.
egotism n (uncountable)