Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Tending to talk excessively about oneself.
- Believing oneself to be better and more important than others due to one's position, popularity, wealth, appearance, etc.
- 2008, BioWare, Mass Effect (Science Fiction), Redwood City: Electronic Arts, →ISBN, →OCLC, PC, scene: Hanar Codex entry:
- All hanar have two names. The Face Name is known to the world; the Soul Name is kept for use among close friends and relations. Hanar never refer to themselves in the first person in conversation with someone they know on a Face Name basis. To do so is considered egotistical, so instead they refer to themselves as "this one", or the impersonal "it".
- (nonstandard, by confusion of the similar words) Egoistical (advocating egoism).
- See also Thesaurus:arrogant
believing oneself to be better and more important than others
egoistical — see egoistical
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.