Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To kill by electric shock.
- He was electrocuted for his crimes.
- (transitive, proscribed, informal) To inflict a severe electric shock (not necessarily fatal) upon.
- (Discuss(+) this sense) Formally, the words electrocute and electrocution always imply fatality. Informally, however, these terms are rather often used to refer to serious but nonfatal electric shocks. Standard usage is to reserve electrocute and electrocution for fatal electric shocks, and to use shock or electric shock for nonfatal ones.
- electrocution noun
to cause death from immediate complications resulting from electric shock
to inflict a severe electric shock, not necessarily fatally
- first-person singular (eu) present subjunctive of electrocutar
- third-person singular (ele and ela, also used with você and others) present subjunctive of electrocutar
- third-person singular (você) affirmative imperative of electrocutar
- third-person singular (você) negative imperative of electrocutar
- First-person singular (yo) present subjunctive form of electrocutar.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) present subjunctive form of electrocutar.
- Third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present subjunctive form of electrocutar.