Jump to navigation Jump to search
- energetick (obsolete)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌɛnɚˈdʒɛtɪk/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌɛnəˈdʒɛtɪk/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛtɪk
- Hyphenation: en‧er‧get‧ic
- Possessing, exerting, or displaying energy.
- Cosmic rays are energetic particles from outer space.
- Those kids are so energetic: they want to run around playing all day.
- Of or relating to energy.
- energetic laws
- Nouns to which "energetic" is often applied: person, man, woman, child, life, material, particle, ion, healing, anatomy, etc.
- Where non-English languages use an adjective analogous to "energetic", English often uses "energy" attributively: "energy efficiency" is much more common than "energetic efficiency".
Possessing, exerting, or displaying energy