Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To have; to have ownership of.
- He does not even possess a working telephone.
- (transitive) To take control of someone's body or mind, especially in a supernatural manner.
- They thought he was possessed by evil spirits.
- (transitive, dated, chiefly with of) To vest ownership in (someone); to give someone power or knowledge; to acquaint; to inform.
to have; to have ownership of
to take control of someone's body or mind
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked