Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Tending to engage attention or interest; engrossing, interesting; enthralling.
- I found the first of the Harry Potter books a very engaging read.
- Charming; attractive, especially of a manner or behaviour.
- Beauty, of course, and a bright, engaging personality — or at least the ability to fake one — are prerequisites for entering the Miss World competition.
- (that engages the attention): absorbing, compelling, engrossing, enthralling, interesting
- (charming): appealing, attractive, sweet
- (that engages the attention): boring, dull, unengaging, uninteresting
- (charming): boorish, rude, uncivil, uncivilised
that engages; engrossing
- The act of engaging with something; engagement.
- 2016, Andrew Kennedy, Inside the mind of Andrew: Blogs from 2016, page 14:
- If you dig deeper into the criminal engagings of Hillary Clinton, you might perhaps end up at the Clinton Foundation. Look at what the Clinton foundation actually does with its money (or doesn't do) or even worse, who has donated large sums of money.