Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌɒn.tɹə.pɹəˈnɜː/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˌɑn.trə.prəˈnɝ/, /ˌɑn.trə.prəˈnʊɚ/
Audio (US) (file)
entrepreneur (plural entrepreneurs)
- A person who organizes and operates a business venture and assumes much of the associated risk.
- 2021 January 13, Christian Wolmar, “Read all about London's Cathedrals of Steam”, in RAIL, issue 922, page 62:
- Every rail company worth its salt wanted to connect with London. Interestingly, it was largely that way around - provincial entrepreneurs wanting to connect with the capital, rather than London capitalists seeking to spread outwards.
- A person who organizes a risky activity of any kind and acts substantially in the manner of a business entrepreneur.
- A person who strives for success and takes on risk by starting their own venture, service, etc.
- social entrepreneur
- unorthodox entrepreneur
person who organizes and operates a business and assumes the associated risk
person who organizes a risky activity of any kind and acts substantially in the manner of a business entrepreneur
person who strives for success and takes on risk by starting his own venture, service etc.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- entrepreneur (person who organizes and operates a business venture)