Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for exclamation in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
- A loud calling or crying out, for example as in surprise, pain, grief, joy, anger, etc.
- A word expressing outcry; an interjection
- The sign "!" by which outcry or emphatic utterance is marked.
- exclamation in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- exclamation in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
exclamation f (plural exclamations)
- exclamation (cry of joy)