Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The symbol ! (an exclamation mark).
- (figuratively) A shape like an exclamation point; elongated.
1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 8, in The Celebrity:
- I corralled the judge, and we started off across the fields […] . And thus we came by a circuitous route to Mohair, […] . My client welcomed the judge […] and they disappeared together into the Ethiopian card-room, which was filled with the assegais and exclamation point shields Mr. Cooke had had made at the sawmill at Beaverton.
- See exclamation mark.
exclamation mark — see exclamation mark
- ¡ (inverted exclamation mark/point)
- ‼ (double exclamation mark/point)
- ‽ (interrobang)
- ﹗ (small exclamation mark/point)
- ❢ (dingbat)
- ❣ (dingbat)
- ՜ (Armenian)
- ᥄ (Limbu)
- dashes ( ‒ ) ( – ) ( — ) ( ― )
- ellipsis ( … )
- exclamation mark ( ! )
- fraction slash ( ⁄ )
- guillemets ( « » )
- hyphen ( - ) ( ‐ )
- interpunct ( · )
- interrobang (rare) ( ‽ )
- parentheses ( ( ) )
- period (US) or full stop (UK) ( . )
- question mark ( ? )
- quotation marks (formal, UK) ( ‘ ’ ) ( “ ” )
- quotation marks (informal, US, Computing) ( " ) ( ' )