exsufflation (plural exsufflations)
- (obsolete) A blast from beneath.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Francis Bacon to this entry?)
- (obsolete) A kind of exorcism by blowing with the breath.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Jeremy Taylor to this entry?)
- (biology, obsolete) A strongly forced expiration of air from the lungs.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for exsufflation in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)