field emission display
- (electronics) a flat panel display technology that uses large-area field electron sources to provide electrons that strike coloured phosphors to produce a colour image. In a general sense, an FED consists of a matrix of cathode ray tubes, each tube producing a single sub-pixel, grouped in threes to form red-green-blue (RGB) pixels.
- (electronics): FED (abbreviation)
- (electronics): field emission
- (electronics): field electron emission
- (electronics): emission display