Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (intransitive) To burn brightly again.
- The fire flared up after we added more wood to it.
- (intransitive) To become more intense suddenly.
- Reports indicate that tensions have flared up in the Middle East again.
- The pain in my shoulder flares up when I turn my head.
- (intransitive, sometimes with “out” instead of “up”) To burst out suddenly, as in anger.
- The insult made him flare up.
burn brightly again
become more intense suddenly
burst out suddenly, as in anger