Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ɔːɹɪŋ
- A floor.
- 2008 May/Jun, Erin Barnes, “Glossed Over”, in E: The Environmental Magazine, volume 19, number 3, page 21:
- Every day we are exposed to low doses of phthalates in food containers, perfumes, hairsprays, floorings, paints, toys and medical devices.
- A material used to make floors.
- 1994 April 14, Susannah Vesey, “Investment Conference”, in Atlanta Journal Constitution, Atlanta:
- Now that it owns the best-known brand names in residential carpet, don't be surprised if Mohawk Industries sails into new waters - tile, resilient or even wood floorings - Chairman David Kolb hinted Wednesday.
- (sports) The act of putting one's opponent on the floor; a knockdown.