Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: for-real
- (informal) Genuine, true; serious, earnest.
- Is his story for real?
- 1968 September 6, “Outreach in the inner city makes library 'for real'”, in Christian Science Monitor:
- […] demonstration sponsored by the library may make the library more' "for real" to the inner-city person
- 1996, Spice Girls (band), Wannabe (song)
- Oh, what do you think about that / Now you know how I feel / Say you could handle my love, are you for real?
genuine, true or natural
- Genuinely, truly.
- This recipe takes two hours to cook, for real!
- for fake (humorous)