for the time being
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) Temporarily; for now; until later; until the situation changes; in an indefinite period of time.
- I think I will ignore the problem for the time being.
- 1941 October, F. S. Bond, “The Railways of China”, in Railway Magazine, page 440:
- And so, unfortunately, this great and spreading network of railways, that recently showed such promise as a major instrument in the modern development of China, must be left for the time being in the melting-pot of Armageddon.
- 2022 September 24, Sam Jones, “Ill-fated Spanish village poised to be destroyed a third time”, in The Guardian, →ISSN:
- Neither Aracil nor his five friends have the money to pay for the costs of the demolition, which, they say, are punitively over-inflated. For the time being, their hopes rest on legal appeals, and should those fail, on a crowdfunding campaign.
temporarily; until later