Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Gecko
- Any lizard of the family Gekkonidae. They are small, carnivorous, mostly nocturnal animals with large eyes and adhesive toes enabling them to climb on vertical surfaces.
any lizard of the family Gekkonidae
Terms derived from gecko
- (rare) To move in the manner of a gecko; to attach to a vertical surface.
2006, Peter Watts, Blindsight:
- An emergency handpad, geckoed to the expanding bulkhead, slid past to one side.
2011, Wendelin Van Draanen, The Greatest Power:
- And as Dave geckoed his way along the walls, he began seeing more and more skid marks left behind by Damien's Sewer Cruiser.
2011, Wendelin Van Draanen, Sinister Substitute:
- "H-h-here, boss!" Angelo called, and with that Dave kicked into gear, geckoing across the rest of the ceiling to the safety of the adjacent service room.
gecko m (plural geckos)