- (skiing): Being a slalom with larger turns.
- (snowboarding): From its similarity of turn with skiing's giant slalom.
- (skiing) An Alpine skiing discipline in which the course is longer, steeper and faster than normal slalom, and the gates are spaced at a greater distance.
- (snowboarding) An Alpine snowboarding discipline derived from the skiing discipline
- (skiing, snowboarding): GS (abbreviation)
- (skiing): Super-G/Super G, Super-GS/Super GS, super giant slalom, SG/SGS
- (snowboarding): PGS, parallel giant slalom
- OED 2006