Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A selfish or excessive desire for more than is needed or deserved, especially of money, wealth, food, or other possessions.
- His greed was his undoing.
- What drove them was their ambition, their greed for power.
- (selfish desire for more than is needed): avarice, covetousness, greediness, rapacity
- See also Thesaurus:greed
- (desire for food): gluttony
selfish desire for more than is needed
- greed in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- greed in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911