Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To act decisively on the basis of information received or deduced.
- The policeman decided to act on the tip from his informant.
- Το act accordingly to a (usually sublimated) desire or impulse.
- He keeps telling me about wanting to make a move, but he hasn't worked up to acting on it yet.
- To take action against something.
- World leaders have repeatedly stated that we must act on climate change.
- (medicine) To affect something.
- Different drugs act on different parts of our body in many different ways.
address an issue