Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: heart-felt
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈhɑːt.fɛlt/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈhɑːɹt.fɛlt/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (AU) (file)
- Believed or felt deeply and sincerely.
- a heartfelt apology
- She expressed her heartfelt sympathies at the death of his mother.
- 1820, William Hazlitt, “Lecture I. Introductory.”, in Lectures Chiefly on the Dramatic Literature of the Age of Elizabeth. […], London: Stodart and Steuart, […]; Edinburgh: Bell and Bradfute, →OCLC, page 2:
- [T]hey were not the spoiled children of affectation and refinement, but a bold, vigorous, independent race of thinkers, with prodigious strength and energy, with none but natural grace, and heartfelt unobtrusive delicacy.
felt or believed deeply and sincerely