- hectour (obsolete, rare)
hector (plural hectors)
- (transitive) To intimidate or dominate in a blustering way.
1984 October 5, arndt, net.motss, Usenet:
- When is the last time before just now that you saw a liberal democrat hectored by people over traditional values?
1993 March 15, Kerry Miller, misc.activism.progressive, Usenet:
- They hectored their congressional representatives and, more important, gave summer jobs to the pols' kids.
- (intransitive) To behave like a bully; swagger.
intimidate or dominate
- hector in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911