honeymoon period (plural honeymoon periods)
- A relatively brief period when a new leader is given greater leeway with respect to changes he or she wishes to make.
- U.S. Presidents usually get a lot done at the very beginning of their terms, when they have a honeymoon period with Congress.
- (finance) A relatively brief period when a new loan has a low introductory interest rate that features prominently in advertising.
- The length of time at the start of something new, particularly a new job, in which mistakes may be overlooked.
- He said that, had it not still been my honeymoon period, I would have been fired.
- The early part of an intimate relationship, in which the couple are infatuated with each other.