Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Expressing approval, appreciation, or happiness.
expressing approval, appreciation, or happiness
hurrah (plural hurrahs)
- A cheer; a cry of hurrah!.
- the last hurrah
a cheer; a cry of hurrah
- (transitive, intransitive) To give a hurrah (to somebody).
- 2007 January 14, Winnie Hu, “Equal Cheers for Boys and Girls Draw Some Boos”, in New York Times:
- Boys’ basketball boosters say something is missing in the stands at away games, cheerleaders resent not being able to meet their rivals on the road, and even female basketball players being hurrahed are unhappy.