Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (linguistics) Nonstandard language use that results from the over-application of a perceived prescriptive rule.
- (linguistics) A nonstandard form so used.
- Since it is often a matter of some debate whether a given form is standard or "correct", the use of the term hypercorrection is typically subjective.
- hypercorrect, hyper-correct
- hypercorrective, hyper-corrective
- hypercorrectness, hyper-correctness
- hypercorrectism, hyper-correctism
nonstandard language use that results from the over-application of a perceived prescriptive rule
- (mute h) IPA(key): /i.pɛʁ.kɔ.ʁɛk.sjɔ̃/
- Homophone: hypercorrections
- Hyphenation: hy‧per‧co‧rrec‧tion
hypercorrection f (plural hypercorrections)