Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
implantation (plural implantations)
- (anatomy) The way in which an organ, bone, muscle etc. becomes inserted into its set place.
- Planting; securing a plant etc. into the ground.
- The introduction of a notion, idea or thought into someone's mind.
- (surgery) The act of inserting a medical implant.
- (embryology) The attachment of the fertilized ovum to the uterus wall.
- (physics) The insertion of ions into the crystal structure of another material through ion bombardment.
anatomy: way an organ becomes inserted into its place
surgery: act of inserting an implant
embryology: attachment of fertilized ovum
physics: insertion of ions into crystal structure
implantation f (plural implantations)