See also: Improvisation
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- The act or art of composing and rendering music, poetry, and the like, extemporaneously
- He played a quick improvisation on the keyboard.
- That which is improvised; an impromptu.
- Musical technique, characteristic of blues music.
- The act of improvising, acting or going about something without planning ahead
2012 September 15, Amy Lawrence, “Arsenal's Gervinho enjoys the joy of six against lowly Southampton”, in the Guardian:
- The Ivorian is a player with such a liking for improvisation it does not usually look like he has any more idea than anyone else what he is going to do next, so it was an interesting choice.
act or art of composing and rendering music, poetry, and the like, extemporaneously
that which is improvised; an impromptu
musical technique, characteristic of blues music
improvisation f (plural improvisations)
- improvisation (all meanings)