Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌɪnəˈpɹəʊpɹiət/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌɪnəˈpɹoʊpɹiət/
- Hyphenation: in‧ap‧pro‧pri‧ate
- Not appropriate; not suitable for the situation, time, and/or place.
- It is inappropriate to burp at a formal dinner.
- "While PDA or sexual irresponsibility may be considered unsuitable, it is not inappropriate for teenagers in a relationship and nearly of legal age to talk alone."
not appropriate or suitable
- feminine plural of