- (transitive, intransitive, now rare) To thicken, condense.
- 1658, Browne, Sir Thomas, Urne-Burial, Penguin, published 2005, page 21:
- Some finde sepulchrall Vessels containing liquors, which time hath incrassated into gellies.
- See also Thesaurus:thicken
- (botany, zoology) Made thick or thicker; swelled out at some particular part, like the antennae of certain insects.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for incrassate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)