Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (abbreviation, grammar): ind.
- serving as a sign, indication or suggestion of something
- He had pains indicative of a heart attack.
- (grammar) of, or relating to the indicative mood
serving as a sign
of, or relating to the indicative mood
- (grammar, uncountable) The indicative mood.
- (grammar, countable) A term in the indicative mood.
- 2018, James Lambert, “Anglo-Indian slang in dictionaries on historical principles”, in World Englishes, volume 37, page 253:
- The fact that imperative forms were taken into English as indicatives suggests that the English speakers using the Hindustani verbs were most familiar (in some cases perhaps only familiar) with the imperative form.
the indicative mood