Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (countable) Something suggested (with subsequent adposition being for)
- I have a small suggestion for fixing this: try lifting the left side up a bit.
- Traffic signs seem to be more of a suggestion than an order.
- (uncountable) The act of suggesting.
- Suggestion often works better than explicit demand.
- (countable, psychology) Something implied, which the mind is liable to take as fact.
- He's somehow picked up the suggestion that I like peanuts.
- (law, countable) information, insinuation, speculation, as opposed to a sworn testimony and evidence
act of suggestion
(psychology) something implied
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
- Genitive singular form of suggestio.
suggestion f (plural suggestions)
- “suggestion” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).