Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Filled with air or fluid
- The inflated balloons danced in the breeze.
- Expanded; in a state of inflation, of abnormally increased size, amount, etc.
- His inflated belly looked uncomfortable.
- (economics): In a state of higher cost.
- His inflated prices made the vendor unpopular.
- (figuratively) Pompous; arrogant (of a person or ego)
- (figuratively) Containing excessive, meaningless words, particularly for show
- The inflated speech did not impress the audience.
- Higher that the true figure
- inflated incidence figures
(filled with air, or expanded):
(containing excessive words):
filled with air
- Simple past tense and past participle of inflate.