Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To enlarge an object by pushing air (or a gas) into it; to raise or expand abnormally
- You inflate a balloon by blowing air into it.
- J. Scott of Amwell
- When passion's tumults in the bosom rise, / Inflate the features, and enrage the eyes.
- (intransitive) To enlarge by filling with air (or a gas).
- The balloon will inflate if you blow into it.
- (figuratively) To swell; to puff up.
- to inflate somebody with pride or vanity
- Inflate themselves with some insane delight.
- (transitive, computing) To decompress (data) that was previously deflated.
to enlarge the volume occupied by an object
to enlarge a volume
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked