Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Going or directed inward, entering.
- Open to entry or examination.
- The chances that your Internet activity is being monitored are low, despite the ingressive nature of the modern Internet environment.
- (phonetics, of a speech sound) Uttered by drawing air inward through the mouth or nose.
- (geology) Being a source or channel through which water enters or once entered an area.
- This spring is the ingressive source of the water that flows through the cave.
ingressive (plural ingressives)
- (phonetics) A speech sound in which the air stream is created by drawing air in through the mouth or nose.