Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- unsuitable for some particular purpose
- That was a most inopportune spot for a picnic.
- 1847, Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre, Chapter XVIII
- "It appears I come at an inopportune time, madam," said he, "when my friend, Mr. Rochester, is from home; but I arrive from a very long journey, and I think I may presume so far on old and intimate acquaintance as to install myself here till he returns."
- at an inconvenient or inappropriate time
- The inopportune arrival of the bus cut short the interesting conversation.
at an inconvenient or inappropriate time
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
inopportune f pl