Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Not secure.
- Not comfortable or confident in oneself or in certain situations.
- 1963, Margery Allingham, chapter 1, in The China Governess:
- The half-dozen pieces […] were painted white and carved with festoons of flowers, birds and cupids. […] The bed was the most extravagant piece. Its graceful cane halftester rose high towards the cornice and was so festooned in carved white wood that the effect was positively insecure, as if the great couch were trimmed with icing sugar.
- He's a nice guy and all, but seems to be rather insecure around other people.
- Imagine being so insecure that you make it against the law for folks to dislike you.
not comfortable in certain situations