Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The incident radiant energy emitted by the sun which reaches a unit area over a period of time, typically measured over a horizontal area at the Earth's surface or at the top of Earth's atmosphere.
- The rate of delivery of such radiation.
- The act or process of exposing to the rays of the sun, such as for the purpose of medical treatment, drying or maturing, as fruits, drugs, etc., or of rendering acid, as vinegar.
- (medicine, dated) sunstroke.
- (exposure as medical treatment): sunbath
sun's radiant energy per unit area
exposure to the rays of the sun
medicine: sunstroke — see sunstroke
insolation f (plural insolations)