Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- The act of using or adapting as an instrument; a series or combination of instruments; means; agency.
- The arrangement of a musical composition for performance by a number of different instruments; orchestration; instrumental composition; composition for an orchestra or military band.
- The act or manner of playing upon musical instruments; performance; as, his instrumentation is perfect.
- On a vehicle, dashboard gauges monitoring engine functions and performance, along with other essential functions.
- The car’s instrumentation included fuel, temperature, voltimeter and oil pressure gauges, along with a speedometer and tachometer.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
instrumentation f (plural instrumentations)