Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA(key): /dʒaʊst/
Audio (US) (file)
- (Canada) IPA(key): /dʒʌʊst/
- Rhymes: -aʊst
- (also) IPA(key): /dʒuːst/
- (also) IPA(key): /dʒʌst/
joust (plural jousts)
- A tilting match: a mock combat between two mounted knights or men-at-arms using lances in the lists or enclosed field.
a mock combat between two mounted knights or men-at-arms
- To engage in mock combat on horseback, as two knights in the lists; to tilt.
- (idiomatic) To engage in verbal sparring over an important issue. (used of two people, both of whom participate more or less equally)
- (idiomatic) To touch penises while engaging in a sex act, especially oral sex.