Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: leg it
legit (plural legits)
- (theater, slang) A legitimate; a legitimate actor. [from 19th c.]
- (slang) A legitimate child. [from 20th c.]
- (informal) Legitimate; legal; allowed by the rules; valid. [from 20th c.]
- (by extension, of a thing or person) Genuine, actual, literal or honest.
- (slang) Someone or something that is considered to be genuinely good and possesses all the qualities that people say they have; the real deal.
- I checked out her portfolio. She's legit.
- (slang) Cool by virtue of being genuine.
- Legitimately; within the law. [from 20th c.]
- (slang) Honestly; truly; seriously.
- He legit thinks he can pass the test on zero sleep.
- That legit scared the hell out of me.