Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (music) To move lips in synchronization with sounds (generally recorded) so it appears they are the source of the sounds.
- She lip-synced to her own recording during the show because of her laryngitis.
- There was a great scandal when it was discovered the singer had been only lip-syncing.
- 2013 September 23, Masha Gessen, "Life in a Russian Prison," New York Times (retrieved 24 September 2013):
- Tolokonnikova is one of two members of the punk group Pussy Riot who are serving two-year sentences for lip-syncing and playing air guitar for 40 seconds in a peaceful protest in the largest Moscow cathedral.
to move lips in synchronization with sounds