Jump to navigation Jump to search
long-distance (not comparable)
- Over a great length.
- He is a long-distance runner.
- Referring to a non-local telephone call; a toll call.
- The hotel does not allow for long-distance phone calls.
- Referring to a romantic relationship: between two people with a considerable distance between them.
- They are in a long-distance relationship.
- 2009, Wesley L. Ford, How to Pick a Lover: For Women Who Want to Win at Love (page 176)
- Long-distance lovers are often not too sure just what they are feeling. Worse, they are often not too sure what their absent playmates want them to be feeling.